събота, 4 ноември 2017 г.

Review:Max Factor Lipfinity Lip Colour #Spicy (EN)








Hello everyone

Today’s post is all about the newest brown lipstick in my collection, which screams “autumn” – warm and intense brown with noticeable orange undertone: Max Factor Lipfinity Lip Colour in the shade Spicy.





Max Factor’s long-lasting lipsticks are one of the oldest on the market and launched years before the liquid lipsticks trend, that is everywhere the past 2 years. The collection Lipfinity is quite popular where I live since years, but I hadn’t tried any of these lipsticks due to the fact the shades range looks too basic and red-based. A few weeks ago the shade Spicy got my attention and find place in my brown lipsticks collection (which is getting way too big :D)  





Lipfinity’s shade range includes 26 shades which are quite basic” brown, red, and pink – if you are looking for a trendy lip colour like taupe or navy blue, you won’t find it in here. 

Packaging (at least in my eyes) looks quite luxurious: black with golden detail and clear part, where the lipstick is, so the shade is visible. Lipstick & lip balm are in identical packaging.

Both lipstick & lip balm aren’t scented which is always a plus for me. You have no idea how much I hate vanilla scented makeup products!  





Applicator is small but precise for application – it takes the right amount of product to cover the whole lips. Lipstick has light and really soft consistency, it’s easy to apply, coverage is fully opaque and even on the lips with just 1 swipe. Pigmentation is super high and sets quickly – one minute after application the lipstick is locked on the lips and it stays forever. You need to apply it quick and with deft hand, because longevity is extremely high and you have no time for mistakes while lining. I won’t categorize the finish as completely matte, it’s more like a semi-matte: it doesn’t have the shiny/creamy consistency of a lip gloss or classic lipstick but it has barely visible golden reflective shine which make it look semi-matte with muted matte shine. In the bottle it looks like there are golden fine glitters but as you can see on the swatches no chunks or glitters are visible when applied – I think you can see what I’m talking about on the lips swatch:




 
When you touch the lips they feel matte and once applied on the lips, LipFinity stays forever: it doesn’t come off or fades away in the center or in the edges, it doesn’t stain or transfer on glasses or clothes, n-o-w-h-e-r-e! I eat and drink whenever I want while wearing it and I don’t carry it with me in my bag, because I don’t need to reapply it during the day/night. After a couple of hours (around 6) it cracks a bit on the center of the lips, but you can see it only if you look closely. Overall longevity is around 16hrs (I haven't worn it more, but if I do - I'll update the post)

Removing is hard due to the longevity – I use bi-phase micellar water to remove my makeup and I soak up a cotton pad and place it on the lips for about 1-2 minutes, and then I gently start rubbing to take the lipstick off. 










Shade is autumn in a bottle: warm, intense brown with noticeable orange undertone. On my opinion the shade is suitable for women with warm or at least neutral skin undertone and I won’t categorize it as universal. I am “autumn” type of woman: medium skin with visible yellow undertone, hazel eyes and light brown hair and this type warm, orangy-brown shades just like Spicy suit me a lot. I combine Spicy with warm-toned eyeshadow and blush – my favorite looks is with copper eyeshadow (Rome by NYX) and my blush by Milani in the shade Berry Amore.

I can compare Spicy with the shade Rome by NYX:








Rome is in a cooler and ashier brown shade, while Spicy is warmer and orangy-er. 

I wouldn’t wear Spicy in combination with mascara (lately I don’t go out of the house with “no makeup makeup” but…) and I combine it with eyeshadow or at least with brown/black eyeliner. On my opinion Spicy is great everyday shade and excellent autumn pick. For me Spicy is The Lipstick for autumn 2017 :))





Due to the extreme longevity there is drying effect on the lips after whole day of wearing it, but applying lip balm after removing it, on the next day I can wear Spicy again without my lips being chapped or dried.  Max Factor included lip balm that comes with the lipstick as step 2: step 1 is to apply the lipstick and wait until is completely dry and step 2 is to apply the lip balm over the lipstick to add some shine and to make it more comfy to wear. After the balm is on the lipstick is still non-transferring! Here is how the combination lipstick + lip balm looks: 





On the packaging it says that you should apply the lip balm during the day over the lipstick to re-fresh the colour, but i don‘t do it – I prefer the semi-matte finish over the shine and I use the lip balm as regular lip balm, on naked lips. It adds good hydration and it’s longlasting but I personally don’t use it on purpose. 

Max Factor claims long-lasting lip colour for up to 24 hours with a lustrous sheen finish and I think all of the claims are filled. I can’t find any cons in this product, beside the excess lip balm, so I recommend it if you like some of the shades. I would definitely buy one more brown shade and I’ll repurchase this one – Spicy’s lipsticks and its longevity in particular, are irreproachable

Have you tried Max Factor Lipfinity Lip Colour and what is opinion on it?

 
Like my facebook page https://facebook.com/preslavasbeautydiary or follow me on Instagram for more pictures https://instagram.com/preslavasbeautydiary

Have a nice evening everyone


Няма коментари:

Публикуване на коментар