понеделник, 14 август 2017 г.

Review:NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream & Eyeshadow #Rome (EN)










Hello everyone

Today’s review is all about the duo Rome by NYX from their Wanderlust collection. I have to say that this duo is my absolutely favorite one.


















As I said today the post is all about the duo Rome which contains soft matte lip cream in beautiful brown shade (finally nude lipstick in the advent ♥) and single eyeshadow in quite interesting copper-reddish shade (mmm )






The lipstick matches it’s bottle – medium dark brown shade that has coол red undertone. I really, really like this shade and I wear it all the time so if you’re into brown & nude lipsticks then give it a try. I won’t call this shade universal - it’s suitable for women with medium and dark skin but on women with pale skin it might look like a pure brown shade which tends to make you look older.  The shade isn’t bright but it’s intensive enough and it won’t wash you off like some nude lipsticks do. It’s easy to combine with any makeup look – from dark smokey eyes to “no makeup” makeup.  






Consistency is soft and easy to apply. Opacity isn’t full on 1 coat but if you prefer brown hint of color you can stay with just 1 coat, I personally prefer applying 2 for full opacity.  Sometimes I like to wear it in combination with Stockholm (review on Stockholm would be up in September) – I apply Stockholm in the center of the lips and Rome on my lips contour to make nude ombre lips. Rome doesn’t emphasize dry patches on the lips and has high longevity – it lasts around 6 hours. I really like this lipstick and I recommend it if you are into brown lipsticks as much as I am and at the moment when I run out of Rome I would definitely repurchase it – it’s a favorite of mine









The single eyeshadow in the shade Rome is in interesting copper shademetallic orange with red undertoneThe shade is unique, really pretty and extremely popular at the moment – just like the launched by Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance and Urban Decay Naked Heat palettes. I don’t have anything similar to this in my collection – the only kind of coppery shade I own is Gift Basket from Sleek’s  Oh So Special palette (review here: http://preslavasbeautydiary.blogspot.bg/2015/03/reviewsleek-i-divine-oh-so-special_18.html
Gift Basket and Rome aren’t similar at all – compared to Rome Gift Basket looks like a golden shade and has nothing coppery. The eyeshadow in the shade Rome is really pigmented and feels almost buttery, is easy to apply and has high longevity. I can’t find any minus in this eyeshadow and I highly recommend it in case you like the shade.








Copper is really capricious shade, it doesn’t suit everyone, it’s not universal and attention must be paid whenever you’re using it in your makeup. On my opinion copper shades look good on women with medium dark to dark skin, with warm or at least neutral undertone. Sometimes they tend to make you tired if they aren’t combined properly. I like to wear Rome as an eyeliner – I apply it from the inner corner of the eye to the middle of the lid and then finish the eyeliner with brown or red matte eyeshadow or applied all over the mobile lid and smoked with matte red, brown or orange eyeshadow. Copper really makes hazel, green or blue eyes pop. It’s definitely not an universal or suitable for everyday bases shade but it’s unique and you can make bold makeup looks using it. I personally love using bold shades in my makeup and I always match them with my outfit – for example I wear copper makeup with beige, red/cranberry or monochrome outfit in black or white.  

The duo Rome is my favorite – the lipsticks is in cool brown shade that is easy to combine with your everyday “no makeup” makeup as well as with heavy & dark smokey eyes. I highly recommend to try it if you are nude lipstick kind a girl, I personally would repurchase it as soon as I finish this bottle. The eyeshadow in the shade Rome is in warm copper shade which is capricious and specific but whenever is combined well looks ah-mazing and is super eye-catching. I recommend both products if you like these shades. 

That’s it for the duo Rome, next time we are moving on the duo Stockholm in which the lipstick is nude as well and the eyeshadow is just top :))

Like my facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/preslavasbeautydiary or follow me on Instagram for even more pictures: https://instagram.com/preslavasbeautydiary

Have a nice evening everyone ♥


Няма коментари:

Публикуване на коментар