петък, 20 октомври 2017 г.

Scented Review: Katy Perry INDI EDP (EN)








Hello everyone

Today I am going to do a full review on one of the newest perfumes on the worldwide market – Katy Perry’s INDI EDP. Although I may not be Katy’s biggest fan I quite like her fragrances, I’ve tried them all and I’ve liked all of them – some better than others, but I’ve liked all of them in general. By the moment I haven’t try a fragrance by Katy that got under my skin so much to make me buy it. I have a review on the perfume Meow by Katy here (and I’m still wondering if I should buy it. Hmmm…)

INDI totally differs from the rest of Katy Perry’s fragrances. INDI is the scents of Katy’s new “Me” – grown up and mature. Her previous fragrances (like the mentioned Meow, Purr, Royal Revolution, Mad Love, etc) are on the sweet-floral side and have detectable fruity notes, INDI is completely different scent: pure, clean, creamy, sophisticated, “office-like” scent. 





History:
 
Katy Perry’s INDI is launched in the late summer of 2017. INDI contains musk cocktail and differs a lot from the previous scents that Katy has made. INDI contains 11 types of musk, plum, amber and vanilla.  “INDI isn’t announced as unisex fragrance, but it can be worn by anyone” says Perry.That’s why I wanted to create group of women that look different so that the public can relate & identify with them.“

Description:

Top notes: white tea, plum, bergamot 

Middle notes: cyclamen, Lilly-of-the-valley, white cedar

Base notes: amber, tonka bean, different types of musk (standard, white, black, Egyptian, island)

Development on my skin:

Right after spraying on the skin INDI is quite sharp, smells quite heavy and retro on white flowers and it has that general “old school” vibe, thanks to the combination Lilly-of-the-valley and bergamot which add that sharp feeling. Sharp beginning fades away quick and the scent becomes softer and “rounder” – it gets milder, creamier and fresher. My nose detects noticeably white tea (favorite note © ) and plum, with white cedar suspicion and a tiny bit of cyclamen that adds floral accord and a looooooooooooooooot of musk. A lot! Lately I can’t stand musk due to the fact it gives me soapy and sharp feeling in perfumes, but here, surprisingly, the combination of different sorts musk doesn’t make the scent barber sharp – simply clean. My nose doesn’t detect Tonka bean and amber at all.

I would categorize INDI as linear type of perfume – after the sharp beginning the scent gets milder and softer and I feel a lot of musk and white tea, light white cedar suspicion and a tiny cyclamen accord.  INDI smells clean but not a soap/shower gel/washing powder – INDI smell like soft cleanness, like creamy white flowers, like body powder, like fragrant white tea drank in a sunny morning. INDI is light, cozy, creamy, airy, pure and sits close to the skin. If you like musk and soft perfumes in general you might like this one.  





INDI is not an intensive or strong perfume – people won’t notice it when you walk past them, it doesn’t have intensive trail and it sits close to the skin. It’s perfect to wear in office, because it doesn’t get into the peoples elbow room. People that like light, airy and soft perfumes might enjoy this one.
 
INDI, as most of the perfumes that have detectable musk  notes develops best on cool and humid weather (up to 20 degrees Celsius)  in hot and dry weather musk irritates me because it gives me dry and soapy feeling on my skin. I would describe INDI as neutral and safe scent – easy to pull off and suitable to wear during the whole year, any time, at any occasion and situation due to the fact it has soft trail and only you can feel it in your elbow room. 

INDI reminds me in general of White Tea EDP by Elizabeth Arden, which was launched in the spring of 2017: both fragrances smell sophisticated and pure, on white tea and musk, fine, elegant and   unostentatious, but they are not identical. I was thinking about buying 30ml bottle of White Tea EDP but INDI completely satisfies my lust for light and cozy white tea scent to put in the mornings whenever I don’t know what to wear but I want to wear something pure, clean, unostentatious.

Is it unisex? On my opinion – no. Somehow I can’t imagine a man smelling like musk, white tea & white flowers, but this is me :)




 
Packaging:

Simple rectangular glass bottle in the classic combination black & white with golden accents. It definitely looks super stylish and matches the scent inside. Compared to the rest celebrity fragrances I’ve tried this one it the prettiest I’ve seen and it looks good next to the rest of my designer brands perfumes in my collection. The bottle is made from thick glass, it’s stable and I can’t imagine it being scratched. It’s suitable to wear in your handbag to reapply it during the day (I personally never carry my fragrance with me to reapply it) or when travelling.  


Storage:

INDI is available in 30ml and 50ml bottles. 


Season appropriate:

As I mentioned upon I would describe INDI as universal and safe fragrance, suitable to wear during the whole year. Only in dry and hot weather the musk irritates my nose but in the rest of the time I enjoy it. I pick INDI whenever I want to smell clean, pure, unpretentious, whenever I can’t choose which perfume to wear but at the same time I go for a close-to-the-skin perfume, a perfume I can feel only whenever I want to feel it and that means a perfume that has basically any trail.  Days like this come every now and then :)


Time appropriate:

On my opinion INDI is definitely a daytime scent.







Longevity:

Medium – around 6hrs with 5-6 spritzes. It fades away gradually after spraying in the morning and in the afternoon is barely detectable.

INDI for me is “white” scent – light, diurnal, soft, pure, clean but feminine at the same time. INDI has no chances to be my new signature scent but it’s perfect for the days whenever I want to smell pure. The 30ml bottle is perfect amount for me to satisfy my crave for a long time – literally I want to smell pure like once a month (rest of the time I wear non-stop my favorite sweet-woody-licorice-ysh perfumes).  

INDI is definitely not a typical celebrity scent – it’s classy and sophisticated: I can’t imagine a teenager wearing it, most likely a women in their 20+ would enjoy it. 
 
Did you gave Katy Perry’s INDI a try and what are your thoughts?


Like my facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/preslavasbeautydiary or follow me on Instagram for more pictures: https://instagram.com/preslavasbeautydiary

Have a nice evening


Няма коментари:

Публикуване на коментар