понеделник, 4 септември 2017 г.

Review:NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream & Eyeshadow #Stockholm (EN)








Hello everyone

Today’s review is all about the duo Stockholm by NYX – soft matte lip cream in light pale nude shade and eyeshadow in extremely beautiful deep red shade




















Shade of the lipstick matches the bottle – light pale nude with warm peachy undertone which isn’t concealer type of nude. I am warm type and my skin has yellow undertone and on me Stockholm looks like light peachy-sand shade. I want to remind you that lipsticks with peach undertone tend to make your teeth look slightly yellow and keep in mind this fact in case you’re afraid of “yellow smile”. I think this shade would suit women with any undertone and light to medium skin shade because on deeper skin Stockholm might look too light and washing, which wouldn’t look best except if this effect is what you are looking for. I categorize this shade as an universal – it’s suitable for every day and you can combine it with any type of makeup: from light and fresh everyday “no makeup makeup” to the classic combination “dark smokey eyes & light nude lipstick”.











Consistency is soft and easy to apply, opacity isn’t full on 1 coat and you need at least 2 coats for full opacity. Usually pale nudes, especially when it comes to liquid lipsticks, tend to emphasize every imperfection on the lips so it’s good to apply a lip balm before the lipstick. Sometimes I wear Stockholm in combination with darker nudes – I apply darker shade nude lipstick on the edges of my lips and then I apply Stockholm in the center for an ombre effect and a touch of optic volume.  Stockholm is one of those lipsticks which look good with a bit of lip gloss on top – sometimes I apply some of the S-he Stylezone Nude lipgloss (review on it will be up in the near future: ))




Longevity is okay – around 4 hours and I need to reapply at least 2 times per day. This lipstick slightly dries out my lips and after removing it is good idea to hydrate them.

Stockholm reminds me a lot about another liquid lipstick that I own -Last Goodbye от Аура. Here is the comparison between:










As you can tell Last Goodbye has a bit more cooler undertone and it’s a bit more on the pink side, but in general it’s in the same peachy-nude shade. It also requires 2 coats for full opacity, it has better longevity than Stockholm and on my opinion if you can’t find the one you can definitely take the other one instead. 

I recommend Stockholm to those of you who like pale nude lipsticks with warm undertone. It’s easy to combine with different makeup looks and is unpretentious as color – it is quite an universal shade. 














The eyeshadow in the shade Stockholm is just… dream! It’s sharing the top place in my personal classification alongside with Rome. From 2014 (!!!) I am searching for an eyeshadow in deep red/wine/cranberry shade but without results. I’ve checked everything that is available on the market, from the drugstore up to Kiko and Inglot and I didn’t find anything identical to what I’m searching for.  The only eyeshadow I found as close to what I want is Mac Post Hase but it’s a bit pinker that I want it to be (I’m really capricious, I know!) To be honest when I first saw the eyeshadow Stockholm as I opened the matching window from the advent it was a gloomy and dark January morning and I was really hurry so I saw it and I thought that this eyeshadow is in a deep brown shade. A few days later I’ve swatched it on daylight and I was surprised to see that the eyeshadow is actually in deep red shade – ahhh! 

The eyeshadow in the shade Stockholm is in an especially beautiful deep red shade Finish is matte, consistency is soft and easy to apply, and longevity is high. I like applying Stockholm all over the mobile lid as well as smoking shade and it looks great both ways.







 
I wear mostly Stockholm alone or in combination with Rome – both shades match perfectly and I rock them even on everyday bases. I like applying Rome (copper-orangy shade) with an angled brush on 2/3 of my mobile lid and then finishing the rest and the tail of the eyeliner with Stockholm (deep red shade) or if I want to do the entire eyeliner in red then I place in my waterline with lip liner in deep red (I couldn’t find matching eyeliner so that’s why I’m using a lip liner :D) 

Red makes my eyes really pop and makes them look pure green (they are hazel in real life). For a night look I like to apply Stockholm all over the eyelid + the lip liner I’ve mentioned in the waterline and then to smoke my crease with matte shade in deep brown or even black eyeshadow – this way I get extremely bold and non-typical vamp makeup look  

Definitely red isn’t an universal shade when it comes to makeup – you need to be a little brave and really self-confidental to rock red makeup because it’s really eye-catching.  No matter if I’m doing deep red smokey eyes or only deep red eyeliner I always combine the rest of my makeup to my eyes – I combine the red eyemakeup with cool toned lipstick (like NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in the shade Rome, Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet liquid lipstick in the shade Cool Brown or simply a light pale nude lip gloss), brown or cool toned pink blush (like Milani Baked Blush in the shade Berry Amore or Kiko Colour Veil Blush in the shade #01) and highlighter with cool or neutral undertone (NYX in the shade Transylvania). I definitely have to post here on the blog deep red smokey eyes or everyday makeup in red so you can see how beautiful red shades could look worn on the eyes.
Definitely the shade Stockholm isn’t universal or often used so I recommend it to those of you who like red eyemakeup and would rock it. By the moment I think I’m am the only one that is rocking red eyeshadow, because everytime I’m in a store and ask for a red eyeshadow, eyeliner or pencil and always get a look that is saying “is this girl crazy?” and sentence like “red eye makeup products are non-existing” :D I enjoy red eyeshadow and rock them as well – I always get shocked looks and barely some compliments :D The only reason to wait for the autumn to come is to wear red eyeshadow more often to match the fall weather :))

The duo Stockholm is perfectly composed for my taste – lipstick in a light pale warm nude shade which matches basically every makeup look and eyeshadow in deep red, which I really love and wear quite often. The lipstick isn’t in unique or non-typical shade but the eyeshadow is just…ah-mazing!  I recommend this lipstick in case you don’t have anything similar and you are looking for a warm nude shade and I highly recommend the eyeshadow with both hands to those of you who are looking for a red eyeshadow :))

That’s it for the duo Stockholm, in October it’s Cannes turn – stay tuned!

Like my facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/preslavasbeautydiary  or follow me on Instagram for even more pictures: https://instagram.com/preslavasbeautydiary

Have a nice evening ♥

Няма коментари:

Публикуване на коментар