неделя, 2 юли 2017 г.

Review:NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream & Eyeshadow #Addis Ababa (EN)









Hello everyone

Today’s post is review on the duo soft matte lip cream & eyeshadow in the shade Addis Ababa by NYX (apparently, Addis Ababa is the capital of Ethiopia. I guess geography wasn’t a favorite of mine in high school but let’s admit that you can learn useful things from makeup as well:D))



















The lipstick matches the color of the bottle on 100% - it’s in the shade magenta (pink-purple-ish with red undertone). In the bottle looks really bright and neon but applied on the lips it’s more subtle and wearable and it even suits me well, keeping in mind that usually I’m not a “bright lipstick girl”. This shade looks different on different skin tones so my advice is to test it a few times before any buy. 





This shade can suit many different women (both pale and deep skin toned) so I would categorize it as an universal shade. It’s cold undertone makes the teeth look whiter and the purple note makes green eyes pop. I have to admit that Addis Ababa it’s Barbie’s perfect lipstick choice and that’s why I like wearing it combined with simple & classy black eyeliner. Combined with the matching eyeshadow Addis Ababa perfect Barbie vision is guaranteed :D 






Consistency is soft and airy but the lipstick itself isn’t fully opaque –you need at least 2 thick coats to make it fully opaque. Longevity is around 4 hours and you definitely need reapplication after eating. More about the characteristics on the soft matte lip creams I wrote in my post about Monte Carlo so check it out in case you’re interested.  

Addis Ababa it’s matching the color of my new bag and the last nailpolish I got so I guess I’m really into the magenta trend. I wear it every now and the and although I’m not a bright lipstick girl I like how it looks on me and I like this particular shade of pink. If you like this shade of pink  then definitely test Addis Ababa before any buy because the shade varies on different  skins – on some looks bright pink and on other looks darker and more on the purple side.









The eyeshadow in the shade Addis Ababa is in a “denim” shade of blue – middle toned blue base that has shimmers in light blue. This shade is especially pretty for a blue smokey eyes ♥ 









Immediately as I saw it reminded me of the middle shade from the palette Bleu Nuit by Bourjois (I have a review about it here: http://preslavasbeautydiary.blogspot.bg/2015/11/reviewborujois-smoky-eyes-15-bleu-nuit.html), but compared  next to each other they are not identical at all. Bourjois’s eyeshadow it’s in a lighter blue shade that has a noticeable grey undertone and it is less pigmented than NYX’s, while Addis Ababa is more pigmented, intensive and has more visible shimmer. 






Addis Ababa is a better choice between these two, when it comes to pigmentation, application and longevity. 

Addis Ababa has a bit dry consistency compared to the rest of NYX’s eyeshades I have but they are soft enough so you need a 1-2 dips in it to get a nice pigmentation. My advice is to pat them a bit so the shimmers can be more visible. Longevity is good and the best way to apply it is by using a concealer type brush. 

I want to pay attention to the fact that blue is really hard shade to include in your makeup or to do an entire blue eye makeup and you need to work carefully with it and to combined the right way with the rest of the eyeshadow so you won’t get an ‘’blue eye’’ effect – match your type to the right shade of blue that would suit you. I had a few blue makeup looks here on my blog like navy blue smokey eyes: http://preslavasbeautydiary.blogspot.bg/2016/01/motdbirthday-look-2-deep-navy-blue_16.html, cobalt blue & silver smokey eyes: http://preslavasbeautydiary.blogspot.bg/2015/12/motdfestive-blue-silver-look-en.html, dusty blue smokey eyes: http://preslavasbeautydiary.blogspot.bg/2015/09/motddusty-blue-smokey-eyes-en.html and mint blue cut crease: http://preslavasbeautydiary.blogspot.bg/2015/06/motdmint-cut-crease-en.html which definitely show how beautiful blue makeup can be when the blue is well combined.

I would wear Addis Ababa on my mobile lid, blended with matte black or navy blue in the outer V of the eye as well as used as an eyeliner and in both cases the lipstick would be nothing but nude.

The Addis Ababa duo I won’t wear together. The lipstick is in a beautiful magenta shade, which suits many women but it might differ on different skyntypes so my advice is to test it before any buy. The eyeshadow is in a beautiful blue shade, perfect for a blue smokey eyes

That’s it for Addis Ababa and next is Rome’s turn – it’s shades are right out my alley (yes, the lipstick is brown and the eyeshadow is just i-n-s-a-n-e!) but I’ll tell you more about it later this month ;)

Like my facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/preslavasbeautydiary or follow me on Instagram for more pictures: https://instagram.com/preslavasbeautydiary

Have a nice evening everyone



2 коментара:

  1. I read your blog on daily basis. This is really great and informative post. Thanks for sharing.

    NYX Simply Nude Lip Cream

    ОтговорИзтриване
    Отговори
    1. This comment made my day ❤ Thank you very much! Please let me know if you want me to do some sort of specific post - I depreciate every comment and any feedback in general ❤

      Изтриване