петък, 12 май 2017 г.

Review:NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream & Eyeshadow #Copenhagen (EN)






Hello everyone

New month – new post about the duos soft matte lip cream & matching single eyeshadow from NYX and today is Copenhagen's turn :)





More about the packaging, the amount of product you get and so on you can read in my post about Monte Carlo here: http://preslavasbeautydiary.blogspot.bg/2017/01/reviewnyx-soft-matte-lip-cream_2.html




Moving on to the duo Copenhagen which for me, to be honest it's quite unsuccessfully paired together compared to the rest I have. If you're curious to understand why I don't like it – then keep on reading :) 













 

The lipstick as you can tell from the bottle it's in a quite usual sour cherry/berry type of shade – red-purple-ish.  





Applied on the lips it looks the same – it looks identical on different skin tones. Of course, it doesn't suit me at all but I know for sure that red, pink and purple shades don't look flattering on me and i'll always beall about the nude shades girl”, but I have to admit that those berry shades look great on most women. 




 
The main reason I think this lipstick isn't good choice to be featured in the advent it's because on my lips it's identical to the shade Prague and quite similar to the shade Transylvania as well – I can't understand why NYX decided to place 3 similar red-purple-ish shades here instead of putting something more interesting from their Soft Matte Lip Cream line?! (yes, I'm dreaming of Zurich, Abu Dabi, London and the rest of the nudes from this range and i'll have them in my collection quite soon :D)  





Don't get me wrong –Copenhagen isn't bad shade at all and I would even call it an universal shade – I see a lot of women wearing similar shades on everyday bases. Consistency is greatsoft, airy and easy to apply. You need just 1 coat to have full color on your lips and longevity is high as well – nearly 4-5 hours without any need of reapplying. 




 
This shade would suit many women so if you're into it than give it a try :)












The single eyeshadow in the shade Copenhagen it's the only one from all of the eyeshadows I got in this advent calendar that I don't like at all and i'm not going to use regulary. The shade is quite unique – golden mustard shade (is there a shade like this???) -yellow-green-ish shade but in the golden colour scheme with a bit redish-green reflections (what a caption!!!). In the pan looks duochrome but applied on the skin you can see only light green reflection. I don't see how I can include this eyeshadow in my makeup – applied on the whole upper lid it looks like a fine yellow-green veil which doesn't suit my super yellow skin and my hazel but mostly green eyes – it doesn't make the green in my eyes pop but it makes the yellow dots around the pupil look even more yellow. This eyeshadow makes me look super yellow and it gives me unhealthy look in general. I tried to apply it over a black base but I didn't like how it turns out. To be honest I think that this unique shade would suit women with medium or darker skin tone and brown eyes – applied over the whole lid as soft daytime makeup or in the inner corner for an interesting accent. 










 
Pigmentation isn't great as well – poor to medium but you can pat it on. The consistency is kind of dry (like none of the other shades I have) – you need a thick concealer brush to really pat the color on, or you can use use your fingers.

I won't wear the Copenhagen duo together in any case :D The lipstick it's in universal, classy berry shade and it's pretty good and creamy so if you like the shade in particular then give a try – probably you'll like it. On the other hand the eyeshadow it's in the most unique and non-typical shade i've ever seen – really specific yellow-green shade with green reflection and a bit of a reddish base, which doesn't suit me at all and on my opinion it would look good on women with medium skin tone and dark eyes. Of course if you like the shade in general, your skin type & eye color doesn't matter at all – wear whatever you want :)

After this mostly negative review the berry shades from NYX that I own are over too and next time we're moving to the duo Adis Abeba which is in a super fun & perfect for summer color combination. Stay tuned!

Like my facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/preslavasbeautydiary or follow me on Instagram for more pictures : https://instagram.com/preslavasbeautydiary

Have a nice evening

Няма коментари:

Публикуване на коментар