петък, 28 април 2017 г.

Review:NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream & Eyeshadow #Transylvania (EN)






Hello everyone

The shade Transylvania from NYX's soft matte lip creams is probably one of the most popular of their entire range really vampy, really bold and really eye-catching. I was expecting the single eyeshadow Transylvania to match the shade of the lipstick but I was surprised to see that it's in the softest and delicate champagne shade you can imagine.

I want to mention quickly that I already have full review on the duos soft matte lip cream & eyeshadow from NYX in my post about Monte Carlo (here: http://preslavasbeautydiary.blogspot.bg/2017/01/reviewnyx-soft-matte-lip-cream_2.html where you can find all the basic information about the amount of product you get, packaging and so on) so in my review about the rest of the shades I own I write mostly about the shade and the formula of the product.

In case you've missed my previous reviews on the NYX's duos you can read them here:

NYX soft matte lip cream § single eyeshadow in the shade Milan: http://preslavasbeautydiary.blogspot.bg/2017/02/reviewnyx-soft-matte-lip-cream_10.html

NYX soft matte lip cream § single eyeshadow in the shade Prague: http://preslavasbeautydiary.blogspot.bg/2017/03/reviewnyx-soft-matte-lip-cream_28.html






Before I move on to the shade & formula I want to say that the print on the eyeshadow is my favourite from the range








 




The lipstick, as you can tell from the bottle it's in a really, extremely dark vamp shade – really dark, almost black brown-wine-purple shade. On different skin tones looks different – on my medium dark skin with yellow undertone is more on the wine-purple side but on my friend that has darker skin and neutral undertone is like pure dark brown shade.




This shade is no doubt really interesting and vampy, bold and in-your-face but...it doesn't suit me AT ALL. Literally it adds 20+ years on my 23 :D It makes me look old and tired instead of sexy and vampy. To be honest I was a bit disappointed from the way this lipstick looks on me – I know for sure that dark lipsticks doesn't suit me but I was hoping for this one to be “my” dark shade. I can admit that the shade suits it's name perfectly – 7 years ago I was in Transylvania in the Dracula's castle on Halloween and if I ever get the chance to go back to this place this is the shade i'll wear there for sure – it would match the creepy atmosphere of this place perfectly (imagine dark forests and creepy castle :D) 




This is definitely an unique shade that's not for everyday bases (or if you're into heavy metal styling this might be your go-to shade?)
 
Consistency is a bit tricky for my liking – first coat is quite sheer and uneven, second coat is better but you need 3 coats to get perfect looking and even shade, applied carefully. Usually dark shades are highly pigmented but this one isn't – Transylvania needs a few layers to look good. It doesn't emphasize imperfections on the lips and it doesn't dries them out. Longevity 3 to 4 hours, it comes off uneven around the lips – it comes off completely on the inside and stays like a stain on the outside.
I do like the shade but I don't like how it looks on my AT ALL – simply horrible! Actually I like these type of vamp shade (really dark and almost black shades of wine red, purple and brown) only on pale women with blue/green eyes and blond hair. Somehow these shades contrast super pretty with their pale-ness and at the same time make women like me look 20 years older. I would give this lipstick to one of my friends which is this type of woman because the only place I would wear it if I'm in Transylvania again which isn't in my near future plans :D











The eyeshadow in the shade Transylvania is in a light champagne shadesuper universal shade that would suit any women and it actually is a great shade to wear combined with the lipstick in the same shade. To be honest when I first saw the shade I was a bit disappointed that the color isn't dark red/brown/purple as well (I mean who won’t expect it?!) but when I tried it I was surprised to see that Transylvania is the best highlighter ever! The single eyeshadow has soft and buttery feeling consistency, it's easy to apply with any type of brushes – I use apply Transylvania with thick concealer brush under my browbone, in my inner corner of the eye and on the center of my nose and with soft highlighter brush on the top of my cheek bones. Although the shade might look a bit boring (well, in almost every palette there is a similar to this champagne shade) but I found it quite unique and I don't have similar one in my entire collection. The thing I like mostly about it is that it's really shiny but in an almost metallic kind of way – it doesn't add any color to the face, only the shine is visible and it looks like you're glowing from the within and there is no wash of color at the same time. Shine is quite even – there are no visible shimmers or glitter and it's not pearly but metallic. Applied on the skin color isn't noticeable – only extremely beautiful shine. 







I realize that the year is 2017 and the strobing mania is huge but until now I wasn't really into highlighting and I didn't wear any – only when I was going out and I wanted to look super over the top (a.k.a. 1-2 times per year). The reason is that I have quite oily skin and I didn't want to add any shine to my tend to oily face plus, I have the feeling that almost all of the highlights i've tried make my pores huge and super visible – like moon craters. Eeek! Me and Transylvania go really well together (I think you can tell from the pictures that this is super used – I almost hit pan on it) and thanks to it I finally get to know what all the hype about highlighters is and how beautiful highlighted skin looks I apply Transylvania under my browbone and in my inner corner, on my nose bridge and a lot on my cheekbones – my skin looks really healthy and fresh and the light reflects beautiful. I'll buy Transylvania for sure whenever I run out of it or if then isn't available as single eyeshadow i'll have to look for a good dupe (maybe Mary Loumanizer?) Longevity is highall day & night long, pigmentation is amazing – I dip my brush once and my cheekbones highlight is visible from a plane (or likely Jeffree Star would say - Guuuuuurl, that highlight tho!) It crumbles a bit more but I feel like this is noticeable for other shimmer eyeshadows too – probably comes from their specific texture.

The duo Transylvania isn't universal I would say – not everyone would wear this dark vampy shade and not everyone is into this intensive shine. Although I like the color of the lipstick visual I would give it to someone who would wear it more than I do. On the other side I use the eyeshadow on everyday bases and I really enjoy wearing it. If you're doubting over the lipstick – go ahead and try it because it's quite a unique shade and might not suit everyone and if you're into high, intensive shine – go ahead and get the eyeshadow without any doubt.

That's it for today, next time we're going to Copenhagen :)

Like my facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/preslavasbeautydiary or follow me on Instagram for more pictures : https://instagram.com/preslavasbeautydiary

Have a nice evening

1 коментар:

  1. I felt very happy while reading this site. This was really very informative site for me. I really liked it. This was really a cordial post. Thanks a lot!
    Single Eyeshadow

    ОтговорИзтриване