събота, 28 ноември 2015 г.

How To:Clean Makeup Brushes Properly? (EN)








Hello everyone

Today’s post is all about how to clean your makeup brushes properly. There’s a lot of information about the right way of cleaning makeup brushes properly and basically there’s no such thing as “only right way to do it” – you can choose from thousands of ways and pick the right one for your needs. I’m wearing makeup regularly for the past 6-7 years and I have tried many different ways to clean my brushes but there’s one way that I prefer over the others.
I won’t say how important is to clean your makeup brushes in depth and regularly. It seems like the most used method for cleaning them is using a baby shampoo, but to be honest, I personally don’t like this way of cleaning. I think that it could be nice for my eye makeup brushes and not for my face makeup brushes, since this type of shampoos are really gentle. I have oily to combination skin and I need a deeper and stronger product to wash the foundation, powder, blush, bronzer + the sebum from my face makeup brushes.


After many tried shampoos I decided to go for the “old school” method of cleaning – washing soap. This one I bought from DM   Weisse Kernseife. I have to admit that I’m pretty impressed of the way this soap cleans my brushes: it makes them super clean, it doesn’t I have to soap the 2 to 3 times and I’m done. The only cons of it it’s the smell but I don’t mind it at all since I can’t smell it on my brushes after they’re dry. My blending brushes I like to clean with shampoo so they can stay fluffy, but my face brushes – with this soap.
*If you’re having a brush that feels harsh and irritates your skin, apply some conditioner to soften it up.

Here are some useful tips:

1.Try to rinse and soap only the bristles of your brushes and not the whole brush. If you put water in your whole brush constantly   then you can unglue it from the top.

2Wash your brushes with cold water and never with hot or boiling.

3.Wash your brushes until the water is completely clear without any soap/makeup left.

4.Use circular motions over your hand just so you can be sure the soap gets into the center of the brush.

5.Place your brushes with their heads over a towel just so you can be sure no water will get into their wood/plastic parts.

6.Don’t put them over a hot radiator/climatic for faster drying. The heat might make the glue liquid.

7.Use brush protector over your brushes so it will keep their form in place. I personally put protector over my angled blush and bronzer brushes.

How do you clean your makeup brushes? Tell me in the comments below

Like my facebook page:https://facebook.com/preslavasbeautydiary  or follow me on Instagram for more pictures: https://instagram.com/preslavasbeautydiary

Have a nice evening everyone

Няма коментари:

Публикуване на коментар